- Detailed knowledge in accordance with ICB4
- Methods & processes of the latest pm baseline
- At least 900 person days (1 year = 180 person days) of project management experience during the last 8 years, including
- at least 540 person days as a project manager with overall responsibility on complex projects. The complexity is assessed using the Complexity Sheet when registering for certification. If you are unsure whether your projects meet the complexity criteria for Level B, use this assessment tool.
Participation in a compulsory (online) certification briefing
- Registration via the event calendar
The fee for certification as a Senior Project Manager for
- pma members is EUR 2,194.50 (incl. 10% VAT), except pma young crew members
- Non-members is EUR 2,398.00 (incl. 10% VAT)
To prepare for certification as a Senior Project Manager you should study the IPMA Competence Baseline (ICB4), the latest pm baseline & supplementary literature.
In addition, you can also prepare with the help of:
- Seminars run by pma training partners,
- PM training programmes at institutes of higher education
- PM seminars at educational and training institutions
- Independent study
The pma/IPMA® Level B certification is valid for 5 years. It proves the current level of knowledge and experience in a professional field that is constantly evolving. Therefore, continuous personal development is necessary to maintain the certification status. After 5 years, a pma/IPMA® Level B re-certification or, with appropriate experience, a higher certification according to pma/IPMA® is possible.